Topic 1: The Ingredients of a FinTech Hub
With the rapid development of financial technology globally, FinTech has become the new buzz words. Equipped with innovative entrepreneurs and abundant financial capital, the Greater China Region has experienced tremendous growth in this area in the past few years. This panel discussion draws the experts from various areas to try to determine the ingredients needed to be a FinTech hub and will try to see if Hong Kong has the potential to emerge as one in the region.
Mr. Alun JOHN, Asia Regulation Correspondent, Reuters News
• Ms. Eunice CHAN, Chief Operating Officer, Hang Seng Bank Ltd
• Mr. Edmond LAU, Co-President, Hong Kong Internet Finance Association
• Mr. Stephen D. WALSH, Director, KPMG; Member, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
• Mr. Steve WONG, Senior Manager, ICT Cluster, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks
• Mr. Simon YUEN, Head of Consumer Assets, Hang Seng Bank Ltd
Topic 2: FinTech Talents: Demand & Supply
To meet foreseeable strong demands for FinTech professionals in the coming decades, The Chinese University of Hong Kong launched FinTech undergraduate and graduate programs. This effort aims to nurture leadership and entrepreneurship among the next generation of local talent in support of Hong Kong’s endeavor to grow into an international FinTech hub. This panel discussion connects the academia and industry practitioners to determine what skill sets are mostly sought after by the industry and how the academic institutions are bridging the school campuses and the future workplaces of the graduates.
Prof. Seen-Meng CHEW, Associate Director for MBA Programmes, CUHK Business School
• Prof. CHAN Chun Kwong, Director, MSc FinTech Programme, CUHK
• Mr. Nelson CHOW, Chief Fintech Officer, Fintech Facilitation Office, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
• Mr. Riley KING, Senior Manager, HAYS
• Mr. Nike KONG, Chief Information Officer, Hang Seng Bank Ltd